Do Liberals understand that the Bigger the Government is the Less power/freedom the Citizen has?

Update:

@cadet

Come on, you can do better than that, give me a real insult, try again. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So

Drive which side of the road you prefer, at whatever speed.

Choose whether or not to pay taxes 

Take what you want from shops without paying

(Who wants a law against theft?)

One could go on 

• 1 month ago

Republicans idea of 'small government' is basically an oligarchy.

So you disapprove of a government making the rules, people who can be voted out of office, but you are perfectly fine with some for-profit corporation, people you can't vote out of power, making the rules?

You guys make zero sense.

• 1 month ago

Do so-called conservatives understand that they’re the ones granting ever more power to the executive branch in their blind devotion to their party? Of course not. Bush created DHS, the largest expansion of the federal government since the New Deal. And the Red Senate has now set a precedent making it nearly impossible to remove an impeached president from office if his crimes were committed in the interest of re-election. Oh, but make sure you keep your eye on those democrats, just keep looking thataway. Chump. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Tell us what you mean by 'big government'.  That's a common talking point of right wingers, but the government they want has more control. Like, telling people who they can marry or what women can do with their bodies. 

Liberals want a government as intended by the founding fathers. One that serves the people, not controls them like todays GOP

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It's not that simple. Small government tends to be top heavy with military, which historically can lead to major problems. Small government can leave a power vacuum that is often filled by the superwealthy and well connected at the expense of everyone else. 

• 1 month ago

If we stop having babies then the government can be the same size forever. But the simple fact is...more people, more government.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Im not sure I do. Could you please explain in great detail so I can understand? Use as much space as needed. Id love to learn from That Mexican.

• Taylor
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

as if we are free under our current capitalist society

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do conservatives understand that the military is part of the government and increasing the size of the military increases the size of government?

• Do you understand your tired worn out talking points don't mean chit to me?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.