Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Is Halloween a Satanic holiday?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

No.  It's the "eve" before Catholic All Saints' Day.  And dressing in costumes is fun.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Quite the opposite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Halloween is shortened from All Hallows' Evening which has its origins in the ancient Celtic festival of Samhain a celebration of the end of the harvest. But it was a day on which many northern European Pagan traditions or religious festivals were celebrated!!

Two Popes Gregory III and Gregory IV moved the old All Saints' Day from May 13 itself the date of a pagan holiday to try to hijack the pagan festival.

• 1 month ago

Halloween comes from the ancient Celtic holiday of Samhain.

It is a pagan ritual. It is a tradition of man and not of God.

Mark 7:7 "Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men."

8 "For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do."

9 "And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition."

• Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Halloween is a Christian holiday.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Kin
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

It appears to be when some people take it too seriously. Dressing up into something you're not is something from the accursed devil. The devil is always jealous of human beings and always trying to convince someone to be something they're not and they become exactly as he wants when they give in, when they don't use their free will power.

• Doc
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Why ? what's he get out of it ?

• 1 month ago

No.

It's more linked to memories and honoring the dead...though the customs have changed over the centuries.

Now is a time to remember the dead, preserve and give thanks for the harvest, and prepare for Winter.

• 1 month ago

No.

Glad I could help.

• Aaron
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. I just find it boring. 

• Duck
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's actually not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.