Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Are FDR, Kennedy, Lincoln and Reagan the best presidents ever?

theyre my top 4

Favorite Answer

yeah pretty much, except for Reagan.  

FDR was the dubious president who invented constant and habitual debt. We are now saddled with the Great Obama Debt because of that sort of thinking.

JFK was a very charming man and one of my favorites, but he was more style than substance. No doubt JFK was the greatest democrat president we've ever had. And don't forget that a Socialist shot JFK in the back. Then we were stuck with that skunk LBJ for a "president". JFK slashed taxes and opposed abortion and illegal aliens entering the U.S.

Reagan was a truly great President and most Americans agree with that assessment; this is proven by his all time record landslide win in 1984 of 525 Electoral votes (Walter Mondale had a laughable 13 given him by the morons in Minnesota and Washington D.C.). 

This country would not exist any longer without the Great Emancipator, Abraham Lincoln, the Kentuckian who saved the country and ended slavery. The democrat system of slavery and the war the democrats started to defend their slavery came close to destroying the United States of America forever. And don't forget that a democrat shot this Great Man, Abraham Lincoln, in the back for doing those very things.

Northern democrats supported slavery financially via their banks.

Northern democrats also smuggled gold, silver and medicine to the South during the War. They also ran interference with the Northern government on behalf of their Southern brethren - some of which was political in nature by opposing Lincoln's efforts to end slavery at every level.

Democrats in every Northern state except Maine committed acts of sabotage against Northern infrastructure like railroads and warehouses containing food and munitions.

Republican President Abe Lincoln: "I am a conservative and a Republican, and I will destroy slavery." "A Letter to Horace Greeley in 1861." (The New York Tribune, autumn 1861.)

Democrat CSA President Jefferson Davis: "I take what many folks call a liberal view of the American Constitution in that I say that not all men were created equal, but that this country was made for the White man and not the black": Jefferson Davis, 1863: Library of Congress, The Jeff Davis Papers.

Thomas Jefferson: "When we fail to maintain a faithful and conservative view of our Nation and Constitution, we will be sowing the seeds of tyranny in our Fair Land." The Jefferson Papers.

• Jake

"Kennedy wasn't a great president. He was a great president because he got shot. I like presidents who don't get shot, okay?" -- Donald J Trump

The first three are among the best, not Reagan, he lead us into the stock market crash of 1987 and he broke the law during the Iran Contra scandal, and he was actually the President that signed that law into effect, the Boland Amendment.

• Kathy

I agree with all but Reagan.

I don't consider FDR or JFK to be particularly good presidents.

Not FDR. His policies prolonged the Depression for 15 years.