Liana asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

My body shape is so weird and I'm fat and it looks disgusting.?

I have really broad shoulders. I have an athletic body shape and it looks disgusting when we get fat. I'm 5'5 and I I weigh around 225lbs. I'm sick of this weight and I'm only 24. I'm too young to be suffering. During the last 5 years, I started stress eating my way up to where I am today. My arms and shoulders look so huge compared to the rest of my body. It looks absolutely disgusting. I drink a lot of soda and eat a lot of sweets. My roommates and I have them around and I cant help but go and eat them. Even if I try to go without them, I run outside to go get them because I'm not able to control myself. Its getting out of hand and I dont know what to do. How do I start?

• .
    Favorite Answer

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a calculator like this one https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to determine about what your calorie intake should be. You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term. Remember that as your activity level and/or your weight changes, your calorie needs change too. So, check the calculator as your weight goes down or your activity goes up or down, so you continue to consume calories at a level that will help induce fat loss.

.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, youtube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride.

.

When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose.

.

How to lose weight has been asked/answered here in various ways, literally THOUSANDS of times. That's why there's a search feature at the top of the page. There should be no need for anyone to type another answer to that question, because all the information is already available, if you just do a quick search.

Good luck!

• do  you  want  to?

Well youre fcu,ked then