Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 4 weeks ago

if my dad is a cop and I punch him in the face will I be charged with assaulting a police officer or domestic violence ?

since I am paying rent would he need a warrant to search my room. I am 18 now.

Update:

how m I sponging off my parents if I pay rent 

Update 2:

if I  pay rent I am a TENNANT.

Update 3:

sometimes he gets right up in my face and starts yelling, could this be self defense

18 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

yes this is a troll question

• 3 weeks ago

Maybe you should move out, although it's very hard to find a place that will rent to people under 21. 

• 3 weeks ago

Well if he's not in uniform at the time you punch him then I would expect it to go down as domestic violence.

You don't say why you would want to punch him in the face.  Why don't you just move out?

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Experience is the best teacher, go ahead and do it!!!

Source(s): Your next question will be if my cellmate wants to have sex with me and I’m not gay do I still have to do it?
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Traci
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

You sound like an ungrateful idiot brat.  18?  Big deal, you haven't grown up yet.  You are lucky your dad even lets you live in his house, rent or not.  I suggest you pack your bag and go live out in the real world..we will see how long you last with that attitude!

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Unless he has a warrant, the latter. But I remember when I was 18 and knew everything. Probably better to just make plans to move out. 

• 4 weeks ago

If you punch your father, you can easily be charged with domestic violence! It doesn't matter if he's a cop or not, you would have assaulted him in a violent manner AND without provocation. What does you being 18 and him needing a search warrant have anything to do with this? It doesn't absolve you, nor make you immune to being arrested and criminally charged.

• 4 weeks ago

No, your parent DOES NOT need a warrant to search your room in HIS house. Your age and contribution to household expenses doesn't change that. You ARE NOT a tenant (note correct spelling).

As a rule, the action you describe would be domestic violence or assault. As the reason for the assault is unrelated to your father being an officer, that would normally be irrelevant to the charges.

• 4 weeks ago

You would be charged with both and go to jail.  The upside would be that you wouldn't have to pay rent.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

It would be a domestic case. If you're 18, instead of fighting your father why don't you man up and get your own place to live instead of sponging off your parents. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.