Do you think a £10,000 fine is a bit steep for having a "Reckless" Christening party during the covid virus?

The organisers had 50 guests, a marquee, DJ decks, live entertainers and tables piled high with food and drink. It was somewhere in the midlands UK. Read on the news. 

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

It's all about a dolla dolla bill..or in this case a pound.

Governments have been strained due to Covid, and hope to take some of "their" money back via fines.

• 1 month ago

When the regulations for gatherings are set, and people just go do what they want anyway, the cost could be a lot greater than money.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Those idiots should have to pay medical costs, funeral costs, all the costs their carelessness has caused. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It seems like a slap on the wrist.  If anyone dies as a result, there should be additional criminal charges.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think its excessive. This entire covid nonsense has been used to keep one good people of society down while allowing the bad to run rampant.  I don't understand why so many choose to allow this to happen while being angry at those who want to continue with a normal life. I know all the fearmongering but this isnt the first virus problem the world has faced but it's the most overreacted and political one.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you break the law, you pay the price. No good complaining about it after the fact.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No way. Not enough.......

• 1 month ago

No, it's not.  People need to take public health measures seriously and not put their own selfish need for entertainment first.

• 1 month ago

No, it is not enough to cover possible NHS Covid treatment for guests and their future contacts.

• Mack
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope, the costs to society could be far greater.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.