Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 4 weeks ago

So i heard on the news that in some states its illegal to wear a shirt of the person you are voting for while voting, i ask would it matter?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Not some states, ALL states. No political posters, signs or apparel allowed within100 ft of the polling place entrance.

• 4 weeks ago

You have to be smart to keep your choice. Domestic violence is going on here. 

• Jeff D
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Most states don't allow campaigning within a certain distance of the polls.  Of course, it comes down to how one defines 'campaigning' but I can see how some states might disallow clothing with the name or picture of a candidate.

• 4 weeks ago

It matters.   You can't advertise at all at polling places.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robert
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Actually there are laws about campaigning within 1000 feet of polling places.  A shirt or hat could be considered campaign material.  Since most people know this I don't have an issue with it.  

• 4 weeks ago

im assuming to stop any fights or vilolence towards someone who dissagrees with whom they are voting for

• Frank
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Many prohibit the existence of any campaign materials within so many feet of a polling station. I suppose a shirt is considered that. 

• 4 weeks ago

My wife and I wore Trump 2020 shirts and our MAGA hats when voting. As did HUNDREDS of others on the first day in-person voting was allowed in FL. No one said a word.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.