Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentElections · 4 weeks ago

So i heard on the news that in some states its illegal to wear a shirt of the person you are voting for while voting, i ask would it matter?

• RICK

Not some states, ALL states. No political posters, signs or apparel allowed within100 ft of the polling place entrance.

You have to be smart to keep your choice. Domestic violence is going on here. 

• Jeff D

Most states don't allow campaigning within a certain distance of the polls.  Of course, it comes down to how one defines 'campaigning' but I can see how some states might disallow clothing with the name or picture of a candidate.

It matters.   You can't advertise at all at polling places.

• Robert

Actually there are laws about campaigning within 1000 feet of polling places.  A shirt or hat could be considered campaign material.  Since most people know this I don't have an issue with it.  

im assuming to stop any fights or vilolence towards someone who dissagrees with whom they are voting for

• Frank

Many prohibit the existence of any campaign materials within so many feet of a polling station. I suppose a shirt is considered that. 

My wife and I wore Trump 2020 shirts and our MAGA hats when voting. As did HUNDREDS of others on the first day in-person voting was allowed in FL. No one said a word.