Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 weeks ago

As an LGBT person, how to do I deal with religious people who have very strong anti-gay sentiments?

• david

Don't, unless they put your hands on you; then introduce them to God. 

The same way everyone straight deals with theirs, behind closed doors, when you come out of the closet to reveal to everyone else your preference you must be realistic about meeting resistance, you wouldn't  have to deal with anyone if you weren't trying to justify your actions, the bible says if you have faith something is good where others do not then have it to yourself before God, you can do everyone a favor by staying in the closet, they won't judge you then and you won't judge them, the image your projecting in other people's mind that are not like you believe it or not makes them want to throw up, is that loving your neighbor as yourself, think about it, if you poke at a snake and it bites you, who's fault is it? or is it possible you just like to flaunt your belief to others that you know don't believe as you

9 Or do you not know that unrighteous people will not inherit God’s Kingdom? Do not be misled. Those who are sexually immoral, idolaters, adulterers, men who submit to homosexual acts, men who practice homosexuality, 10 thieves, greedy people, drunkards, revilers, and extortioners will not inherit God’s Kingdom. 11 And yet that is what some of you were. But you have been washed clean; you have been sanctified; you have been declared righteous in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and with the spirit of our God.

The scripture states that, that was what some of you were showing that homosexual can change and God do approve of any immoral acts regardless of who practice it.

No one should be in a judgemental position against LGBT person. Dealing with religious people is not in your best interest unless you have the same beliefs.

One way would be to avoid religion platforms. 

Exit, stage right ---->

When I became Christian, I was told not to stop questioning so after a short period of grace I brought up the subject of homophobia.  They refused to concede so I left the faith for twelve years.  They want you to believe that this is what God wants.  It isn't, not in the slightest.  My view is that whether or not there is a God, the idea that a God of love would condemn loving homosexual acts is like claiming 2+2=5.  I think I'd also enquire if they were equally passionate about other aspects of their faith, such as feeding and housing the hungry and homeless, welcoming refugees, not having a mortgage or a credit card and writing debts off after seven years.  If not, well maybe they aren't motivated by the Christian faith at all.

Don't.  Most religious people are lacking in true knowledge about nature and living in general, they think their church is the most important thing on this planet.  They think their god come to their church each time they go there. Ask one for the fun of it; has god ever visited your church?  Chances are, that persons will say, yes, he is always there. Believers live in a world all their own, which is only inside their head.

Think about it this way. Imagine you had someone in your family that was a career criminal of some sort. Perhaps they were a gang member or made a living robbing banks. How would you feel about that person?  That’s pretty much how they feel about you. So what could that person do to make you feel good about being around?

I think every argument is out there already but I know that it is always wise to be the better person and defend yourself as a person. As a very devoted believer, I know that is not the God I serve or worship. There are many people who misrepresent my God; act the part just to be evil and justify their own thoughts. In Isa 55: 8-9 it says it isn't about their thoughts , but God's thoughts that matter. Of course finding someone who actually knows God's thoughts is harder nowadays because a lot of believer have no idea what they are talking about... and as a believer that's disappointing.  Be encouraged and see that the God they may believe in is not actually who they say He is, and if it does move you maybe look for someone who can actual show some humanity when it comes to religion. 

Be gay without being liberal. Problem solved :)