Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMen's Health · 4 weeks ago

why did my doctor take off his face mask during APPT?? COVID?

I had an appt and my doctor took off his mask about 20 minutes into the appt. He was sitting about an arms length away from me and he was examining my leg, do you think this was ok? is it unprofessional considering covid risks? i don't know why he took off his mask?? Why would he do that? what if i have COVID OR HE DOES??? He is more of a lax doctor and middle aged. Was he being inconsiderate? Other than that he is a really good doctor and has been kind to me but I'm 28 and i worry about covid...I don't know why he would take the risk since i thought all medical professionals are REQUIRED to wear masks?!

• ron h
    Favorite Answer

I'd be concerned also.  He's seeing 12 or more people close up every day and I don't see how that would get in the way of his vision.  On the good side, at 28 you're pretty UNLIKELY to get the virus.  There's a foolish person "anonymous" here who's spreading tRump's bizarre lie that masks don't work. 

Because a lot of doctors know that masks do not work. Don't worry about it!

No hes stupid never go back to him

• Aruba

Okay SLOW the heck down I am 23 and my doctors took theirs off too. As some medical professionals as long as anyone else, can have asthma or some kinda condition were they can't breath good with a mask on!