How do you make money in the stock market?

I buy high, buy MORE low.... collect dividends, reinvest dividends. I set small achievable goals, and allocate from my income to meet them, then set new goals. Spreadsheet your finances and update monthly, best thing I ever did - keeps me focused on the big picture. 

Take advantage of time

Continue to invest regularly

Set it and forget it — mostly

Maintain a diverse portfolio

Consider hiring professional help

i buy stocks for the long haul and I hold them. I own one I have had for over 25 years. Trading is a good way to lose what little money you have. If any. Do you have any money?

Like most successful investors, most of the money I have made in the stock market has come from buying a diversified portfolio of quality stocks and hold the stocks for the long long term.

I have also made some money by trading options, but I do not recommend anyone who is not well schooled in options attempt trading them.

• Scott

By buying low and selling high.

• Amy

dividends      

Buy when prices are low, sell when they are high, anything else is basicly picking a number and spinning the wheel.