What Kind of Battery Does This Need?

So I got this from a little antique shop and the battery is dead but I know nothing about watch batteries. So could anyone help me figure out what type of battery it needs or where I could get one for the best price? It didn’t come with any papers in the box or anything about the battery type so I’m just kinda winging it here. Thanks for the help!

Favorite Answer

Take it to a jeweller. They'll be able to open it and sell you a battery. Ask for an invoice saying what kind of battery it was. Next time, and it will probably be years before you need another battery, you can look around for a cheaper battery, if you can figure out how to open the thing without mangling it or stabbing yourself with a sharp tool. Myself, I'm happy to pay a jeweller to do it.  

Cool. Id like one, too..

Go to a dollar store, get a flat of those little watch cells. One will fit it .A cover should pop off back, then old batt is held in by a clip or two. There are several to choose from, without its number,  no one  can guess which one it takes. A common one is a 377 or 376. The small end is - and it goes down. The big shell is + and it always goes up.. U can tell by the old one, if still in. Scrape  any corrosion caused by any leakage with point  of a steak knife. https://www.esslinger.com/watch-batteries/

@ stevie; Of  Course it takes  a Cell  I see  no large  winding stem atop it. Nor is it a big  and old enough clock to have a winding key on back.,

Common Sense. It's a CELL, anyway. A Battery is two or more cells; usually  6 volts  or more.. 

The clock mechanism probably pops out of the motorcycle, and/or it will have a back that you can remove (you may need to carefully pry it off with a knife or precision screwdriver).

Once you have it open you should see the battery - and it will have writing on it to tell you what it is - most stores that sell  batteries have a whole selection of the small button-style batteries.

If that even has a battery, remove the old one and use it to find a replacement. If you can't get the existing battery out, you won't be able to replace it anyway.

Found comments on a YouTube video for another Timex motorcycle clock that said Energizer 377/376.

• Barry

That photo is of no real use. You need to remove the back of the watch where you will probably see the dead battery. You may need to pry the back off carefully with a thin blade. I use a blade from a craft knife but with great care. The battery will have identification marks. Google the information and order a battery online.