If you are a millionaire, what is the point in having a job?

When you are worth several million dollars, what is the point in working at a job? Ok I can understand working to keep busy or impact the world in a job you love, but not working just to be a corporate office slave middle manager or something 

I said “several million”, not 1 million 

• RICK

Middle management rarely has people that rich.

I do know one extremely wealthy person who works because according to them

1) I enjoy my job

2) I want to have SS and Medicare when I retire

3) Most of the people in my wealth bracket are not the type of people I like

Your scenario is one that's always irked me.

Here's a person who is set comfortably, several million$, holding a job that another person that's scratching up pennies to buy milk for the baby could have.

So how many of these people do you know?  Do you know ANYONE who is worth that kind of money who works in a middle management position? Or who is a corporate office slave? Seriously?

sounds like a lazy teenager thing to say...it would make you a terribly boring person

A lot of people continue to work in their 80s. Some argue if you lose your purpose you are just waiting to die and you will do it sooner.

But you don't have $8000 yet so you have a long way to go before you have to worry about it kid.

• danxp2

There is a personality type that gets addicted to the thrill. It’s not about the money as much as it is about one upping other people, so they can feel superior. You will find this at some of the high pressure stock brokers, or other investment bankers, among other fields.

You will find very few people with several millionaire dollars who middle managers taking crap from above and sharing it with those below. Those who do are often using it as a way to fund a retirement account, tax advantage college saving plan etc. or otherwise find a way to hide other income maybe their parents cut them off and need liquid cash as their assets are all tied up in real estate. There are many many more reasons why people with lots of wealth still work the corporate grind.

One of the luxuries of having millions is the person can leave a corporate grind job for one they truly enjoy or hope changes the world.

That said, though, there is the consideration that earning as high as you can for as long as you can allows people to give generously to causes they believe in. It's another way they can impact the world.

And of course earning as much as you can lets you set up your own business or charity, or leave it to your heirs so they won't have to be wage slaves like you are but can pursue their dream jobs or change the world. It's a selflessness that's not common in the present day.

there is no point in anything 

$1,000,000 isn't that much any longer.....