Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 4 weeks ago

I'm tired of my girlfriends low self esteem, being messy and lazy?

She gets high too much, let's her car be full of trash, its embarrassing. I'm tired of cleaning up after her.

Also she lashes out at me a lot. No matter what's going on in her life. 

Her mom has cancer but still I feel theres no excuse?

Do I be supportive?

I'm the only one who sweeps, mops, dies dishes, takes out trash, cuts the grass, dusts, feeds the dogs. I'm sick of it. 

Plus shes either too into me or hates me. 

And she doesnt want to hear complains. She says to leave if I dont like it?

I do so much around here. 

• L

Pack your things and LEAVE!

Not legally married? Pack your bags and leave.

The people essentially telling you to just 'shut up and support her' need to stfu. There is no excuse for her behavior and disrespect towards you. She should be appreciating and respecting you for being by her side and essentially carrying her weight in many things. She clearly doesn't respect you and appreciate you and you should never take that kind of disrespect from anyone. You need to have a backbone and stand up for yourself. Don't let anyone treat you like this and put her in her place when she does that. She needs to learn that you won't take this disrespect from her. The more you allow her to give you such a garbage attitude, you more she will and disrespect you. Tell her to get her attitude in place or you will dump her and actually mean it and be assertive about it. It may sound harsh, but she needs to be put in her place and know that you won't take such disrespect. If this was a one-time thing then it wouldn't be a big deal you could let it pass, but it seems like this is a continuous thing and clearly keeps on going because you won't call her out on her BS.

Put her attitude in place or leave her and let her know that.

Up to you. I wouldn't put up with it

The good news is that you're not married to her and breaking up is much easier than divorce. 

Is she manic? Some people can't cope easily especially knowing that a family member is ill to that extent. Have you tried to talk to her about it? 

Why don't you try leaving everything until she's ready to do things and then join in and help her or let her do it herself? 

You shouldn't have to clean up after her if you don't want to. But lots of women do enjoy having a partner that is able to catch them when they're falling. 

maybe you shouldnt be with her then

Leave her then.

I think she is co-dependent on you.  She uses you as a crutch to help her face each day.  She is not well mentally & needs some help.  You just need to stop & evaluate your relationship & see if it is really something you want.

Nobody likes complaints! Do you be supportive of your girlfriend whose mother has cancer? Are you serious? The more support and love you give her, the more she will feel valued, which will boost her confidence and make her better company. She will also feel more valued if she does stuff around the place, so ask her - or tell her it's her turn, or draw up a list.