Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetHardwareDesktops · 4 weeks ago

GRAPHICS CARD DESKTOP?

Well i bought a gpu but when i tried to turn on my PC, it wont boot. It is stuck in my BIOS.

My friend said I should plug my monitor directly in my GPU and not on my mobo/cpu.

Will this work ? I dont know if I should buy DVI-VGA cord. This is my first time buying this because of quarantine .

• Rayal

If you want to use your new graphics card you have to plug your monitor into it. 

I don't know where in the world you live but those cables are available everywhere in 2nd hand and junk shops for practically no money.  

• Lv 7

you CANNOT use the mobo video if you have a GPU installed. it is disabled, as it should be, so that the GPU manages your video processong, leaving your CPU free to handle everything else.

why else would you buy a GPU?

Your friend is correct. When you install a video card, you must thereafter connect your monitor directly to the card.