Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 4 weeks ago

anyone waiting for the stock market to crash? why?

(I am tired of seeing these retired internet traders walking about my neigbhorhood or riding a european sports bicycle with their smug, self righteous faces). think the guys like Joe Kernon on CNBC)

Favorite Answer

I have money in the stock market and I'd just as soon not see it crash.

But after next week, the Republicans want the stock market to crash, so they can blame it on Biden.  They know that under a Democratic president the market will soon be right up where it was.  I mean, look at the last 90 years or so--stock market crashes have all happened under Republican presidents!  But because their voters believe their lies, Republican leaders will continue to blame the crashes on Democrats.

With short term rates near 1% and long term rate maybe getting to 3% it would take a serious blow to the financials to get a sustained crash.  Possible if COVID causes enough bankruptcies.  By your update you seem envious... maybe you should watch a few youtube videos on investing and personal finance, I have seen several really good ones with under 2000 views (while videos of bath bombs and gungam style have 10s of millions of views). Which is why I a nearly retired internet investors am so frustrated at those complaining, they could very easily learn the skills to manage their money like we did but they don't... rather blame those that have. 

Well some people do, some people don’t. It’s really up to you and what your plans are or if you have certain financial goals. It’s good you are asking such questions. This means you are researching and curious enough to know more.

• Mike

When stock prices tank, people with cash will be out there snapping up bargains.

• donnie

See previous answer. 

• `

Some would probably love to see that since many millions of investors have tossed stocks from their asset portfolio & bought metals, instead. 

• Daddio

It will if Biden gets in, it might if Trump wins

yea, because I hate seeing these retired "internet traders" walking about my neigborhood with their smug faces