Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsWeddings · 1 month ago

My wedding is at the start of December should i post pone?

I will loose a lot of money if i cancel but should i be more concerned about hursts 

• 3 days ago

Wedding dress wholesaler from https://herawhite.com/

• a

Is there a reason to be married *now?* (Because sometimes, there is)

Inviting a lot of people isn't what makes it a wedding. Having an officiant ask you if you wish to be married to one another is what makes it a wedding.

Don't be surprised if a lot of people send their regrets. I'm not a mask-shamer, but I'm not a Covidiot, either. I wouldn't go unless I was pretty close with the happy couple, and I won't be staying through a six-hour reception with a buffet and dancing under any circumstances. 

• Trish

I'm really torn.  I can understand the concern regarding the expenses, and wanting to move forward with the wedding and marriage, but not the extent to have anyone at harm.  I honestly don't know what I would do.

my friend is still having hers, but she's a dumba*s. don't be like her.... can't you wait? money or people potentially spreading a virus that has taken a lot of lives on this earth? do you really want to look back on your wedding pictures and see people with masks? not very pleasant...

That's really up to you and your fiancé.  

1. How important is getting married now compared to having the wedding celebration you dream of at a later date?  

2. Based on restrictions in your area and your guest list, how will you need to change your wedding to meeting restrictions and safety requirements?  Are those changes okay with you?

3. What does your contract say and what is the venue manager actually willing to negotiate with you?

• Jerry

I see your options as

(a) Have the wedding as planned and end up with a wedding that few attend and $0 in refunds.

(b) Cancel the wedding and end up with no wedding at all and at least some refund money. 

You didn't ask, but here is the traditional way to cancel a wedding in which printed or engraved (rather than handwritten) invitations have been issued. Print up more invitations, but you can use less costly stationery, less costly printing methods (like home computer), less costly envelopes. Draw a thin straight (use a ruler) line through SOME of the text. An example follows in which the text one does NOT put a line through is in ALL CAPS.

The honor of the presence of 

Robert Goodman and Diana Marvel

is desired at THE MARRIAGE OF

BRENDA BONFIGLIO, daughter of

Bruno Bonfiglio and Eunyce Yonder, TO

SAMUEL SMITH, son of

Sydney and Samantha Smith

on Saturday April Thirty First

at Two O'Clock in the Afternoon

at Chapel in the Pines

5252 Pine Drive, Pine City

So you see that the remaining message is "The marriage of Brenda Bonfiglio to Samuel Smith ... ". After this, you handwrite in "... will not take place." Then draw a line through the RSVP information. The idea is to indicate that the text drawn through is to be disregarded but still leave it easy to read. 

I'm sorry the Covid messed up your wedding plans. Congrats and best wishes. 

• T J

Are you sure that you will loose the money. since this virus, many places are giving refunds or postponing the date. Check with them now.