Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthAlternative Medicine · 1 month ago

Is it true that even if my COVID-19 result is still positive after 2 weeks, I can leave the quarantine ?

It been 2 weeks since I've been on quarantine and the doctors told me that the result is still positive but legally in my country, I can leave the quarantine after 2 weeks even if I'm still sick because they say after 2 weeks of being positive to the virus, i won't spread it even if I'm still sick. Is that true? Should I keep myself on quarantine or I could leave the house? Cause I don't want to get people sick because of me

Sorry for my English 

Ask a doctor. Please. 

You have to realize that the reasons for quarantine, in the first place, are for the patient to be critically taken care of and more that the spread of the virus is curtailed and contained.  If after two weeks you are still testing POSITIVE, then it is sensible NOT to leave the quarantine so that you do not go and infect your loved ones and others.  Also, it is in your own better interest to stay and be properly taken care off.

The first people you should visit, are all of your elder relatives that you really love. When they become severely incapacitating with Covid-19, you will have your answers. Why listen to scientists?

• kelvin

no that isn't true.................

--  It would depend upon the rules in which country, and which state or county/region.

In most places I have heard of, you would need to stay in quarantine and self-isolate.

If you are still symptomatic, no, you can not leave quarentine. You need to run this by a knowledgeable doc however, not YA.