Laura asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 4 weeks ago

How can I lose 7 pounds in 2 weeks? ?

I'm 5'4 and 117.5 lbs. I would like to lose 7lbs in 2 weeks. What should I do? 

I lost 40 lbs a couple years ago in a short time about 5 months, I went from 220 lbs to 180 lbs.  I ran everyday accept Sundays at least for an hour. If I had to walk some I did.  The hardest part was how much my calves hurt when I first started.  Mon-Sat I skipped breakfast and only had two hard boiled eggs for lunch and a small dinner of meat fruits and steamed vegetables.  Also I fasted for 24 hours twice a month. On Sundays, I allowed myself to eat whatever I wanted but still not over eat but if I wanted a cheeseburger or pizza I ate some on Sundays.  Some weeks, I actually lost 2 pounds a week.  Losing 3.5 pounds a week may be impossible I dont know thats almost double my best weeks.  seems like i pushed it as hard as possible.  Drink a lot of hot black coffee it takes the edge of hunger off and it fills your stomach gives you energy and no calories. I guess strong unsweetened fresh brewed tea could work too..  I am not saying this was healthy but I lost the weight managed to keep it off and I am pretty fit now. But for me I think 7 lbs in 2 weeks is impossible, good luck.

Just eat fruits and vegetables for 2 weeks and go for an hour run every other day.

Too much weight to lose in 2 weeks.  Just exercise and eat right. 

• .

Make a lifestyle change. 80% of fat loss is about what you eat, so that’s more important than exercise. Any "diet" you go on may help you lose some weight but you'll tend to gain it back if you go back to your previous ways. Unhealthy diets also can cause weight loss of tissue other than fat (such as muscle, especially if your calorie intake is too low). Use a calculator like this one https://www.freedieting.com/calorie-calculator to determine about what your calorie intake should be. You can lose UP TO 3 lbs per week in a healthy manner, but 1 - 2 lbs is much more doable and easier to maintain long term. Remember that as your activity level and/or your weight changes, your calorie needs change too. So, check the calculator as your weight goes down or your activity goes up or down, so you continue to consume calories at a level that will help induce fat loss.

.

Eat a healthy well-balanced diet at least 80% of the time...keep junk food, fast food, sweets, sodas, etc to a bare minimum (the occasional treat if you feel the need). Avoid as much processed food as you can. Focus on lean protein, fruits and veggies, complex carbs, healthy fats and and plenty of water. Keep your calories at a healthy level when working to lose fat. Cardio exercise is ideal for burning some extra calories. If you don't have an exercise program you want to use, youtube has TONS of fitness videos you can check out, not to mention just getting outdoors and going for a walk, run, or bike ride.

.

When you reach your goal, simply modify your calorie intake and/or exercise to allow you to maintain your weight instead of continuing to lose.

.

How to lose weight has been asked/answered here in various ways, literally THOUSANDS of times. That's why there's a search feature at the top of the page. There should be no need for anyone to type another answer to that question, because all the information is already available, if you just do a quick search.

Good luck!

• donnie

Talk with a dietitian. Also look into HCG

It is possible but don't do it. You are at the perfect weight for your height

• ?

YOU STILL CAN'T

• keerok

Fast for 72 hours each week.

• Alfred

you SHOULD NOT-  to begin with.

you're normal weight or slichtly underweight.

and the LAST thing on Earth you should do is losing weight at all, of course not that abruptly...it might be really a risk for your health... watch out!

with  your kind permission, I humbly guess you're  young enough to be my daughter.

if so, you're at the utmost age of growing and flourishing in every way on one hand- and a very difficult age, too, on the other hand

Eat less or exercise more and bear in mind 2lbs a week is generally advised so what want to lose should be over about a month.