Do you belive in the Presidential daily polls no matter who it is?

Update:

Elwood. What you need measures for? Can't think for yourself without a Democrat telling you what to measure 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • RockIt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, I believe they are wrong.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Where you fail is in thinking that people vote according to the polls.  Why would they?  The polls are a statistical measure of opinion.  It is a math based science.  They give their sample size, the question, the random method of choosing who gets polled, and the degree of error.

It is mainly done for the politicians themselves so that they know where they need to concentrate their efforts.

I tend to like Real Clear Politics, since it shows all the polls and averages them out.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I think momentum is important and polls show some trends but as a rule, the public polls mean little because their methodology is flawed. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Polls have little to do with fact, rather they Do have to do with whomever is paying for them, Did you EVER see a favorable to Trump poll from CNN?  For ANYTHING? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Never. It doesn't mean they are never right, but they aren't reliable.

• 1 month ago

Believe?  They are imperfect measures for sure, but they're the best measures we have.

*** update ***  Back in the dark ages, they had little use for measures.  But over the last 400 years, people have found measurements increasingly useful.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.