One time as I was buying an item, a cashier at Office Depot accused me of stealing a magazine. I told I got it at the library. Was he rude?

You shouldn't bring into a store anything that they sell there, unless it's something you bought there that you are returning.

You ARE and were lying.

Stating you didn't pay for something is not quite the same as accusing you of stealing.

Magazines from the library are not available for check out, so you actually confessed to stealing the magazine in this fictional story.

I forgot, Office Depot doesn't carry magazines.

• DON W

If you got it at the library, the library would have stamped it as being part of their circulating collection.  Also, very few libraries check out current issues of magazines.  

Six hours ago you'll asked if someone was rude all because you ordered four servings of french fries and pasta.  Interesting.

Don't feed the troll.

Reported.

SPAM.

Don't feed the troll.

Reported.

SPAM.