why is restaurant food not filling?

I find homemade food is more satiating. If i make dishes such as Lahmacun, lasagna, tom yum soup, enchiladas, or pizza homemade they will fill me up. If i go out to eat i will be hungry an hour later. This is a major reason I stopped eating out.

Favorite Answer

Because you eat in the wrong restaurants. Simple enough. Searched just now, pre-Covid:>Restaurants in America,  660,755 in Spring 2018.

The notion that none of those 660,000 restaurants are "satiating" is bizarre.

• kswck2

The Vast amount of restaurant food is just food you can make at home for far less-in other words-Frozen and reheated. 

what does satiating mean. lol. I know for a fact u probally have never used that word in ur life, not even for an essay.

i think at home u tend to eat faster . that is the main reason. 

see i hate licking fingers and always use fork in house for anything except pizza, but these things people dont do in public. a lot more mindful. like at hime u would eat the chicken bone more. but in restuarant u dont.Also in restaurant depending if u are out , u might not get a too go box, if u cant refregerate it in time. 

so sometimes u grab less food, but usually it is filling if u grab more food. So home advantage is just eating more sloppy so It seems u are eating more but not really.

because american portions are really hearty even at restaurants.

like white and black soul foods are more filling.

same thing at indian or something u get ripped off. Like two peace of potatoe and soup gravyxD

so at least black and white restaurant load u up with potatoes