Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 1 month ago

Should I go to the emergency room? ?

I have had on and off nose bleeds that started 12 hours ago. I’ve had about 7 nose bleeds within those 12 hours. I’ve tried pinching my nose but it doesn’t stop them or only temporarily stops them. I can taste blood and I’ve had some blood in my mouth but I’m not sure wether that’s due to me lying down or another reason. This has never happened to me before and I haven’t had any trauma to my nose and nothing significant has changed in the air I’m breathing.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you have a cold for a long time and the lining inside your nose gets dry, it can start bleeding suddenly when you blow it. The remedy is to hold a tissue below your nose until the bleeding stops. Then apply a bit of moisturiser inside the nostril.

Do not lie back or the blood will go down your throat. If it is really severe, you can go to ER and they will cauterise it to stop it. 

• T J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Are you taking any medication at all even advil? Many meds can cause you to have nose bleeds.  Too much advil for too many days makes my nose bleed. If you are not taking any meds, see a doctor. You can also apply a ice pack to ou nose, to help stop the bleeding.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would, sounds like a broken vein in your nose.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would to be safe, you never know!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, if you have bleeding that hasn't stopped in 12 hours, you should go to the ER.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.