Today's Christians, What does that word "cause" in Ezk 36:27 mean to a Christian? Does it have to do with Titus 2:12?

GOD PROMISED Holy Spirit baptism in Ezekiel 37:26 saying

"And I will put My Spirit within you, and (((CAUSE))) you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them."

Does it have to do with Titus 2:12 that says

"Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world?"

Is that HOW Jesus "guides us into all truth" (John 16:13)?

@ANNSAN

Dearly beloved, I'm not playing with you when Romans 8:9 says "If the Spirit of Christ doesn't dwell in you then you are none of His" and the ONLY ":WAY" (John 14:6) one can receive "the Spirit of Christ" (Romans 8:9) is when GOD "puts His Spirit inside of us and we shall live" (Ezekiel 37:14) when "Jesus baptizes us with the Holy Ghost" (John 1:33).

Therefore until we are "QUICKENED" (I Cor 15:45) "back to life" (Eph 2:1) by His "POWER that comes upon us" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)

WE REMAIN "DEAD" (Romans 5:12-14; I Corinthians 15:21-22). Like a dead cockroach in the corner!

Since "the DEAD knows nothing at all" (Ecclesiastes 9:5)  

What are today's Christians talking about when they're still (((DEAD)))?

You can't FIGURE GOD OUT using "common denominators" when HE PROMISED "I will put My Spirit in you" (Ezekiel 37:14) Who "guides us into all truth" (John 16:13) as He "causes us to obey His commandments" (Ezk 36:27) that Jesus gives through the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:2) Who "Teaches us godliness" (Titus 2:12).

That's why Jesus promised "My yoke is easy and My burdens light" (Matt 11:30) because (((HE'S DOING EVERYTHING))) (Phil 2:13; Isaiah 64:8)!

"Sprinkling clean water [aka Holy Spirit baptism] is NOT "symbolic" when JESUS PROMISED "Holy Spirit baptism" (Acts 1:5) and John 1:33 says "...the same is (((HE))) which baptizes with the Holy Ghost."

You believe Jesus promises of doing something are only "symbolic" (Numbers 23:19)?

Then the whole Bible is "symbolic" even our salvation.

You can't "RECEIVE" ***NOTHING*** until (((AFTER))) you are MADE ALIVE AGAIN (Eph 2:1) when His "POWER comes upon you" (Acts 1:8) with Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5).

(((NOW))) you are RAISED UP [aka "resurrected" I Cor 15] from your DEAD spirit (Rm 5:12-14; I Cor 15:21-22) and can receive the "SPIRITUAL GIFTS" (I Cor 12:7-10) and "SIGNS FOLLOWING" (Mk 16:17-18) to (((PROVE))) that the LORD is working with you" (Mark 16:20).

@USER

"It is not by [our] power nor by [our] might or abilities of our own, but by the Spirit of God, that we will live fruitful lives in the Lord’s service on this earth." (Zechariah 4:6)! 

LISTEN FOOL!

GOD DIDN'T SEND ME WITH HIS MESSAGE AND NOT BACK IT UP (Luke 21:15)!

@PROFESSOR 

WHAT CAN I SAY BUT YOU ARE NOT LYING PROFESSOR!

AND IS WHY THERE IS ATHEISM AFTER STUDYING THE "BIBLE" BECAUSE  THEY DON'T HAVE THE SPIRIT OF GOD TO "UNDERSTAND WHAT THEY'RE READING" (ACTS 8:30) SINCE WRITTEN BY "HOLY MEN" (II PETER 1:20-21).

@ANON

In your dizzyland!

@ANON

The statutes of God are "His commandments that He gives through the Holy Ghost" (Acts 1:2) that are sometimes "NOT IN A BOOK" 

"...for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear that shall He speak..." (John 16:13)!

@PAPA-G

TWIST THIS:

LISTEN FOOL!

@AUGIE

GOD HAS (((ALREADY))) "PUT HIS SPIRIT WITHIN YOU" THAT WHO (((CAUSES))) YOU TO WALK IN HIS STAUTUE" (EZK 36:27)

YOU ALSO HATE THAT HE "GUIDES US INTO ALL TRUTH" (JN 16:13)?

IF YOU WERE BLIND YOUR SEEING EYE DOG WOULD GUIDE YOU BUT YOU DONT WANT GOD TO GUIDE YOU?

LORD HAVE MERCY!

YOU TODAY'S CHRISTIANS THINK YOU RUN THINGS JUST LIKE ATHEIST!

@PUBLIUS

YES IT HAS TO DO WITH (((THE SPIRIT))) "GUIDING US" (JN 16:13) AS HE "CAUSE US" (36:27) AND "TEACHES US THAT, DENYING UNGODLIES AND WORLDLY LUSTS, WE SHOUL LIVE SOBERLY, RIGHTEOUSLY, AND GODLY IN THIS PRESENT WORLD" (TITUS 2:12)

@MMR

YOU'RE THINKING TOO LESS (I COR 2:10)!

Favorite Answer

I don't know if it has to do with Titus 2:12 or not, but I get the feeling that Jehovah promises to inspire us into goodness with guidance (such as witnesses of truth) from the Holy Ghost.

Lol your thinking to much its just the same word as any other CAUSE

Robert Alter notes that the main verb is a passive, God will allow Himself to be sought.

• ?

You're twisting the word of God again!

The statutes of God are the 10 Commandments and the feasts and festivals are Passover, Booths and Trumpets.

So no it is not tied to Titus 2:12.

Why do you ask Christians???  They don't read Bibles.

Bible reading and  the study of history causes atheism. 

That's why the clergy do not encourage  their flock to read the nonsense.

Too many questions arise.   

• User

It means that

in the conditions which exist as described in that larger passage

God will "compel by command, authority, or force" his followers to follow his commandments

(as opposed to, say, causing someone to misrepresent Bible verses or causing someone to declare Bible verses that disagree with their opinions to be fraudulent).

Other verses in Ezekiel show that God "will sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean from all your filthiness and from all your idols will I cleanse you. A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you, and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you a heart of flesh. And I will put my Spirit within you... And I shall put my Spirit in you, and you shall live..." This is symbolic language, showing that coming to a new, cleansed, spiritual life is entirely the work of God.

Titus 2 states that Christians have received the grace of God that brings salvation, and which teaches them to deny ungodliness and worldly lusts so as to live soberly, righteously, and godly in this present world.

John 16:13 is where Jesus promises that the Spirit of truth will guide Christians into all the truth. The common denominator in all 3 passages is how the Holy Spirit does a work of grace and transformation and information in those whom God saves.