luis asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is it safe to workout 4 times a week 2 hours a day ?

I am 17 I was wondering if it would be safe to do a full body workout for 2 hours I don’t lift heavy about 10 pounds right now and no weights during core workouts

Just curious because some say it’s a good idea and some say it’s a bad idea

I would be taking rest days in between

Sounds fairly safe to me.

In general for weight training you will want rest on certain muscle groups but this can be done by doing upper body one day lower body another. (their are more complex exercise regimes that get round this)

For core body that is not the more extreme weight training this can be done daily.  Training for a marathon/long distance run can be done 4 days a week.

• A.J.

Younger may be riskier than older, but guidance is muscles need a 24 to 48 hour recovery and a standard pattern is alternating days between muscle groups and one day of rest or simple stretch. 

There are workouts for energy burn weight loss and tightening, and workouts for building muscles. Low stress longer time is weight loss geared and endurance and high stress shorter time is muscle growth.

You don't start from zero and immediately begin a full workout.

Swimming is the best exercise for toning and weight loss.

Starting with these basics, we compare it to your plan.

What have you been doing up until now?

You did not state days of the week.

I believe you need something more complex and building up over time.