Why do round pizzas come in square boxes?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The man-made world is full of square things--round things are hard to pack. And square boxes wouldn't be easy to assemble or fold to hold a pizza. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Why does your nose run and your feet smell?

• 1 month ago

Pizza boxes typically arrive flat and have to be constructed on site. It's quicker and easier to put together a square box with corners than a round one. (That's why you rarely see round, flat boxes.)

• 1 month ago

Why do square pizzas come in round boxes? Why are Wendy's burgers square? I could not stand this as a child. I could not stand that their frosties were not milkshakes and had to be eaten by a spoon. I do not like square burgers or pizza, especially in round boxes. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways?

• 1 month ago

Round boxes cannot be made in quantity easily or cheaply. Square boxes are a single sheet of cardboard that is folded and put together with slots and tabs (in seconds).

• 1 month ago

Ever tried to make a round box?  And store them?  That ought to answer all your questions. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's so there's space to reach in and grab that first slice without having your knuckles touch the cardboard.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

why are box not round, well square boxes are easier to grab compare to round ones

• Mark
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Easier to construct a square cardboard box.  Therefore lower cost.

Why does Ovaltine come in a round jar?  It should be called Roundtine

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.