Are some people born gay or it's a choice?

I ask this because some guys cant get women anymore because they are one not attractive , or they dont work or live with their parents. Actual straight guys have told me this. So they experiment with a guy and they just like the feeling of a guy geeting off since they cant get women anymore. Eventually  they become physically  attractive  and come out of the closet. Straight guys dont have sex with gay men. In my opinion that guy is now gay or at least bi. Alot of gay men will try to trick straight guys with low self esteem not getting women anymore. They say a hole is a hole or your just horny unless  you pursue a relationship  or bend over for a guy. Guys even tell me some gay guys dress like women and act like women to help a straight guy get off just to think hes getting off with a woman. Gay people say it's about me pleasuring you that's how they get off. I know I'm going off the subject but is all this true? Also prison days are all about pain, them getting off and not necessarily you. I believe you have a chose, free will. If your born gain does it mean you have gay gene or act on it like some would say?

When did anyone writing here CHOOSE to be heterosexual.

If homosexuality is a choice, then the other alternate choice is heterosexuality - it is a choice, if that's true.

I have known some very unattractive guys and yet they have had no problem getting women. 

I suggest then that the guys you point to may be using this,  his looks to hide the truth.  In fact for him to then go with a man and knowing its men who have this hang up over looks more so than do women,  that in its self gives the game away.  If he can get men he should have no problem getting women. 

Prisons are in fact the perfect place to demonstrate how men behave.  In the general community with lots of women a man will chase after those women.  Put him behind bars with no options than men and he goes after men.   Now that is the actions of a bisexual man.  I am a gay man but I can assure you put me in a women's prison and I will NOT be doing the women but if I was inclined towards bisexuality I would even if in the general community I had only chosen to go after guys.

I suspect most people are born bisexual.  Now bisexuality can be a wide spread thing.  You could have at either end of the spectrum people who while inclined to either way they only go after one and then you could have those in the middle who are after either.   While to a casual observer all these people would appear to be either straight,  bi and gay behaviours,  unknown to the observer its all bisexuals with many not fully exploring their sexuality.

Add to that mix the truly straight and gays and it all looks like three defined groups when in fact its three defined groups plus one large sliding group broken into two.

I suspect its these sliding (my description) who do make choice that project the illusion,  sometimes even to them self, that we make choices as for them it looks like they do,  what they are over looking is that they don't make the choice to be bisexual,  its just how they were born.

do heterosexuals make a choice, or are they also born that way? I never CHOSE to be hetero, but I am

The proper word is homosexual, I know a 3 letter word is easier to spell for people that went to state run schools.

Being gay or not is apparently inborn. What you do about it is a choice. That is a significant difference many people are ignorant of or are unable to grasp. Despite yearning for a same-sex partner, some marry and have children due to family or cultural pressure, until after years of self-denial they finally hook up with a partner they truly prefer. Their behavior changed, not their desires. The same is true of straight prisoners who hook up with a fellow inmate while confined. (Note that many were really gay to begin with.) In short, if you can't have what you want, you make do or do without. But the want is still there.

I didn't choose to like men

If you think its a choice than you try

only the dumbest of the dumb believe gays choose to reject those they are attracted to in favor those they are not attracted to, in spite of facing persecution or even death for doing so.

• donnie

Yea you’re born happy. 

It is a mixture of choice and instinct, there are straight men who have sex with men because they are attractive, and this is a choice to be gay, also there are straight men willing to have sex with men for money and this is a choice, sometimes they may like what they do and they become bisexual or even gay, I myself was straight then I was impressed by the gay lifestyle, so I became gay, some find themselves gay by inborn

• Sky

Yes, some people are born gay, and no, it is never a choice.  Sexual orientation is not a choice, and homosexual people don't choose to be gay any more than heterosexual people choose to be straight.  It's an inborn trait.  If it was a choice a lot more people would be happier because they'd much more easily find a mate.  I don't do very well with the opposite sex, and unfortunately I'm not gay or bi because I've been hit on a few times by the same sex.  And I can't just choose to be gay because the thought of being romantically involved with someone of the same sex, hugging and kissing and being in love, makes my mind protest and shut down the thought because that's not me and not what I desire and am attracted to in life.  I admire and envy the amazing loving relationships my gay friends have, but what they have I want to have with the opposite sex.  Likewise, gay people can't choose to be straight in order to find a happy love life when they're living somewhere that rejects homosexuality; they may stay in the closet and marry someone of the opposite sex, even have kids together, but that doesn't mean they're actually happy or are actually attracted to that spouse.  That's why there are so many stories of married couples getting divorced because one of the two comes out as gay and just can't live a lie any more.