Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 1 month ago

Do you forgive your enemies?

In the bible is says to forgive anyone for anything but I find this extremely hard to do even when I try extremely hard.

• ?

I will forgive my enemies when God forgives Lucifer.

Listening to the Bishop he had this to say, God always forgives, man seldom forgives, mother nature never forgives and I believe him.

Why base on the bible? We, as humans, are blessed to have a higher level of intellect than animals. If my newly adopted cat can forgive me when I accidentally throw her off too hard, or when I step on her body, who are we to hold a grudge? 

Unless of course, that sin  either causes irreparable damage throughout your life (like killing my parents, or pushing me off a bridge), or doing it multiple of times even if they know it is morally wrong. In that case, I understand if some find it hard to forgive. But at least, confront your enemies. It is not your obligation to forgive someone who has done nothing to make up for their mistakes. 

Depends what they did / said, if there was clearly intent, if a one-time thing or more ..

Just as God doesn't forgive our sins if we don't ask him too. we do not have to forgive others who do not repent and ask forgiveness from us for sinning against us. Most people think we should automatically forgive others if we want to be forgiven ourselves. but if a person does not repent we do not have to forgiven them but if they do we are to forgive 7 x 70 but who is going to count all the sins someone does to us and refuse to forgive after 7 x 70 sins have been done. Thanks for the question.

• "Crush your enemies.

See them driven before you.

Hear the lamentations of their women."

• Nope.I believe in an eye for an eye. I'm an atheist, and I don't care   about fake morals of humans.

• Jill

I don't have any enemies but as a rule I don't forgive people who are not sorry. 

I'm not a Christian but I do like how it says to forgive.

Holding anger and resentment in your heart will only cause you to suffer even more. It depends on the enemy though.

Yea I try. But it ain’t easy.