Can I swap my iPhone 7 battery for one that can last longer?

Favorite Answer

The standard battery takes a large part of the total space in the phone; you cannot put a bigger battery in.

Many of the ones advertised on line as "higher capacity" are just scams, not as good as the original one.

A new battery would restore it to the same operating time as when it was new, which would be an improvement if the existing battery is starting to fail.

Look at the battery item in Settings and go to Battery health - if the "Maximum capacity" figure is much below 100%, then a new battery would give longer operation.

Other than that, make sure you always "kill" all apps as you finish using them, by double-clicking the home button and flicking them off the screen.

Leaving things running in the background can significantly reduce the battery life per charge.

Probably not as iPhone batteries are not user serviced. You can take it to the Apple store and ask if they can install a new battery. You can get around your problem of not having enough power up time by buying an after-market power brick. You can then recharge your phone on the go. Thus extending your power up time.

Yes, a newer one, but I don't think they have removable batteries so that would be a repair.