What is your favorite moth?

Mine is the Antheraea polyphemus

They're a type of silk moth. Very pretty

My absolute fave is the Atlas Moth! It's called the Atlas because it's wings are patterned like an Atlas Map! It's also called as snake-head moth because yeah you guessed it! Their wingspans are about 30cm! A full FEET! 

Fun fact, this moth doesn't have a mouth, so it relies on its fat storage to keep it alive until it dies in a week. 

I mean look at that, that's the largest moth in the world!

• mars

The Idalus Moth. Females are white with gold bars, and red and black stripes.

• Tom

Mine is July.

:)

Okay. I will adopt your favorite moth as my own. {Silk is a beautiful fabric; and the politics on here are disgusting !!}

• garry

a dead one , they put holes in clothes ..

The Hummingbird Moth. People that see them don`t believe that it`s an insect. Even when it is PROVEN to them.

I like luna moths, so much so that people who know me think I am a luna-tic.

none, i hate them.

The sphinx moths are spectacular (and huge) but their caterpillars are spectacularly destructive.

I was watching moths on YouTube the other day and I came across one that I thought looked so adorable. It's called spilosoma moth (virginian tiger moth) Very beautiful.