What is your favorite moth?

Mine is the Antheraea polyphemus

They're a type of silk moth. Very pretty

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

My absolute fave is the Atlas Moth! It's called the Atlas because it's wings are patterned like an Atlas Map! It's also called as snake-head moth because yeah you guessed it! Their wingspans are about 30cm! A full FEET! 

Fun fact, this moth doesn't have a mouth, so it relies on its fat storage to keep it alive until it dies in a week. 

I mean look at that, that's the largest moth in the world!

Attachment image
  • mars
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The Idalus Moth. Females are white with gold bars, and red and black stripes.

• Tom
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Mine is July.

:)

• 1 month ago

Okay. I will adopt your favorite moth as my own. {Silk is a beautiful fabric; and the politics on here are disgusting !!}

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

a dead one , they put holes in clothes ..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The Hummingbird Moth. People that see them don`t believe that it`s an insect. Even when it is PROVEN to them.

• 1 month ago

I like luna moths, so much so that people who know me think I am a luna-tic.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

none, i hate them.

• 1 month ago

The sphinx moths are spectacular (and huge) but their caterpillars are spectacularly destructive.

• 1 month ago

I was watching moths on YouTube the other day and I came across one that I thought looked so adorable. It's called spilosoma moth (virginian tiger moth) Very beautiful.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.