Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

There's been a spike in crime in my small town. Should I move or ride it out?

First off, I rent. I only moved here for one specific good job and my company closed down at the very beginning of the virus. This town was built around a prison so almost everyone that lives here works either at the prison or the local pig farm (actual pigs, that's not a metaphor). Lately, there have been several drive by shootings, and there is a serial arsonist who has burned 14 homes in three weeks without getting caught. The whole town is barely 2 miles across and there's really nothing here. I'm pretty much set on moving but it'll be expensive and I don't have anywhere to really go, I don't have a lot of family or anything. What should I do?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like the area is going south. What is the view on the police in the area? That would play into my thoughts on the subject. Moderna's on track to start shipping vaccines out in Dec. Pfizer is not far behind and as of this morning, may actually beat them out the door. That will change things economically, in a hurry.

• 1 month ago

I'd move.  Nothing keeping you there...

• garry
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

yes leave and go to utopia , no crimes there ..

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ride it out. It is highly unusual that prisoners want anything to do with the prison once they get out so move  FARR AWAY.  Everyone in town has the ear of the prison superintendent. What do you think is going on in the BIGGER CITIES?  More unemployment so more people doing more crime, especially in areas that normally do not have a big police presence....such as prisons. You live in CopVille.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Happening all over since Covid attacks. be safe most importantly.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your company closed down in April?  Have you been looking and applying for jobs? Get a job in another town and move.

• 1 month ago

Totally up to you

• 1 month ago

Happening all over since Covid hit.

• CB
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You have to go where the jobs are.......cost to move vs cost of no income - you can calculate when those two items intersect might as well head off the intersection before it is too late to move.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

get the hell out while you can.

that's no town to get trapped in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.