Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Before I buy a condominium I am looking for one that does not allow any dogs does one like exist ?

I am not spending between $300,000 to $500,000 to walk in dog poop or smell urine.  I am just not interested because people are irresponsible and will that their dogs urinate or defecate anywhere.

Simple...ask if dogs are permitted in the condos and if any condos already have dogs. And get it in writing. This information is typically outlined in the Condo Association's HOA by-laws.

Buy a house then??

You're looking to either RENT or youre looking to buy PRIVATE property then.

Anyone who BUYS has the RIGHT to own pets..   That would include condo complexes.

Find an apartment that doesnt allow pets (however there may still be people who have ESAs)..  Or buy private property

It might have been useful if  you had said where you live.  People are guessing all over the place here, because it's fairly common for condos in large cities, esp East Coast, to not allow pets.  These are mostly high rises.  Instead of asking randoms on a worldwide site, why wouldn't you ask a local realtor?  Or did you just want to rant about dogs?

No.  There may be some that do not allow PET dogs.  However, they must allow emotional assistance animals and  they must allow assistance animals for the disabled, including seeing eye dogs for the blind.

Every condo's by laws are different.  I would imagine you'd be hard pressed to find one that doesn't allow dogs.

Even a condo that does not allow pets of any kind has to allow assistance dogs.

You may have to look far and wide, but yes--these probably exist somewhere. You want a place that does not allow pets--period. 

But seriously--what makes you think you'd be "walking in dog poop or urine?"  Most condos have pretty strict rules about where dogs have to be  'pottied' and it would not be in your yard or around your house. Why would you think it would? I've never seen a condo complex where it's a problem. 

• R P

Yes, those types of condos exist. You will have to ask each complex what their pet policy is.... or let your realtor know what you want & that person can do the research.