Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 1 month ago

Is 127 a good weight for someone 5'9?

A female that is with a small to medium frame. Or is it too skinny? I'm currently 150 and my doctors tell me to aim for 140 or 135 but I like the 120's. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Listen to your doctors. They would have taken your frame size etc. into account. All too many women suffer from anorexia. That's a toxic delusion that they're overweight when they're not. Many anorexics starve themselves into sickness and death. Don't be fooled by all the models you see on TV etc., they are not an indication of ideal weight.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

The recommended weight range for a 5'9" female, depending on body frame size, is 133 - 154 lbs, per the source calculator. A muscular person may exceed the recommended weight for their height. 

127 lbs is below the min recommended for a small frame, and 13 lbs under the min recommended (140 lbs) for a medium frame. 

• d
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Listen to your doctor. While 127lb COULD be okay for some girls/women your height, it's usually those that are naturally very light and always have been that way because they have a tiny frame, not those that dieted down to try and attain that low of a weight. Hope this helps.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

you need to stop listening and caring about what others say what you should weight and ask yourself if it's an okay weight

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

That's way too underweight unless you have a really tiny frame.  140 would be a much healthier weight.  You might want to discuss this with your doctors - you could have an eating disorder.

• 1 month ago

No.  Too thin.  140 is good. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

127 is a very fit weight for someone 5'9 you will be model thin but not too skinny. I think it sounds perfect and beautiful

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.