Are you saddened by the passing of legendary actor Robin Williams?

I'm bummed out

• Phil

He didn't deserve to get sick, but all those drugs like Xanax did not help matters.

I wonder if all those early years on cocaine etc  led to his illness.

He always seemed too manic and crazy to me.

The death of any human saddens me, but I am sadder over many people more than him. 

It was, and still is, sad, considering the circumstances surrounding his death.

Robin Williams was a comedic genius.  We can't afford to lose people like that.  His voice characterizations in Aladdin were awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yhqfd3DbzJw

Youtube thumbnail

• Seeing as it happened over 6 years ago, I'm kind of over it.

However, at the time it happened it got me mad.

I grew up watching the guy as a little kid (on 'Mork & Mindy) and though I didn't always get his more adult humor at that time, I knew he was someone who made me laugh a lot. It's sad that he felt he couldn't deal with life anymore, but he had so much going, a wonderful loving family, notoriety, fame, money. If I could tell you how my life is right now, you'd probably say "how haven't you killed yourself!?"Yet I haven't had such an inkling or momentary consideration of even considering such an act since I was a young troubled teen.

You know, there are people in physical pain who are elderly and suffering and yeah they should have the right to do it if they can't take it any more, but in his case, despite allegations of some kind of mental issue not withstanding, I still feel like it was a weak way out and as bad as I feel that he felt that was his only option, I'm still kind of mad and disappointed by his choice to do so as I write this right now.

Yes, I do I feel like he was a nice guy and didn't take fame in a narcissistic ways 

I feel sad when any human dies. I feel less sad when Robin Williams die than when Toshiro Mifune die however. I love Toshiro Mifune's movies but hate movies with Robin Williams. 

"legendary actor"????  Why are so many people so easily amused?  At best he was adequate, and No, I'm not saddened by his death.

Yea and it’s sad he had Lewy body dementia and he didn’t know. He was misdiagnosed.

Miss him a lot 

it happened years ago now.  he did not pass...he killed himself.  

• Scott

Not really. He died in the summer of 2014.