Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 1 month ago

Would you you day that Beyonce and cardi b normalise the objectification of women by the outfits they wear on stage?

Give a short reason as to why you think yes or no

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Beyonce, no.

Cardi B maybe but for her background (sex work) and lyrics, not dress.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

i would say that if you are getting your values from Beyonce...you're already lost.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

To be fair neither one of those is as bad as Miley Cyrus. But this to some degree comes down to the target audience. I do know parents of girls who are grateful that Ariana Grande and Taylor Swift tend to keep it pretty clean. Beyonce' is practically Adult Contemporary at this point in life so I don't begrudge her as much as I would someone who's primarily singing for the tween set. 

• Katy M
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would say they perpetuate it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If it were a new phenomena, maybe, but women have been objectified for their appearances forever. 

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope. It's empowerment for women to dress like sluts, but objectification when men treat women dressed as sluts as sluts. Yeah, the logic is a bit broken, but it's feminist logic, so that's normal. 

The whole dress as you want to be treated logic has no place here. It's all about doing whatever you want and having people ignore everything you're doing all to treat you in a way that doesn't reflect your behavior. 

You know you're dealing with a movement of social inept people when it repeatedly shows an inability to understand human interaction. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

What objectification? That’s what they wanna wear. So it’s up to them. They obviously gonna attract straight males attention with such clothes. And that’s about it...

• 1 month ago

"Would you you say that Beyonce and cardi b normalise the objectification of women by the outfits they wear on stage?"

No, I wouldn't say that.  Feminists on the other hand have a big double standard they like to play regarding this.  Whenever a  man, or some men make mention of liking what they see some women wearing .... like the freely and purposefully chosen outfits worn by Beyonce and cardi b, then they like to claim that that is "objectification of women".

But Beyonce and cardi b are not held to that same standard.  Not only are they not shamed for wearing "objectifying" clothing which is the instgator of any such "objectification" that feminists object to.  But they are also not held to the standard that what they wear is "objectifying" -all women- like it is claimed that men are doing when they are just looking at one.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I think they are performers and what they wear on stage isn't meant to say zip about women, just them.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.