Im from Britain, I was wondering what is America view on Guns in America for example the school shootings, should they ban them?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Guns should not be banned, but certain people should not be allowed access to them.  I do not believe banning guns will keep criminals from getting them.  Drugs that are illegal are still widely used.

• adam
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

stupid question. We hold these truths to be self evident that all men are created equal and endowed by there creator with certain inalienable rights. The right to keep and bear arms is among them. Its what keeps us free. An unarmed man is a servant. Armed he is a free individual. The second amendment is not about hunting or even self defense. it is to insure that we the people have arms and ammunition to stop any who would oppress us even if it be our own government. In addition there arent that many so called mass shootings. Its blown out of proportion if and when it happens. Look at what happened in Britain. They took away your guns. Now you have stabbings . Now only criminals and cops have guns where you live. I carry a 45 caliber pistol concealed and have no worries. FREEDOM 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There are a great many who want gun control. But the gun lobby has no wish to stop the mass slaughter and has the money and power to stop changes in the law.

There are times when firearms makes sense. But there are so many abuses, simply because of the unclear second amendment.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Americans on the whole are pro keeping their guns, and anti anything that might impact on them doing so.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Please don't feed the troll.              

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I don’t want them banned, I want them regulated.

Training /education/ classes in guns and gun safety before being able to buy a gun.

A delay between applying for a gun and receiving it.

A intense background check. 

We need to pass a drivers test to drive a car. Gun owe res should have to pass a test to own a gun. 

What I do want banned are guns like an Uzi sub machine gun.  No one needs to owe that for protection or hunting. 

• John
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

37% of Americans have a gun in the home. 64% want stricter gun control. Gun lovers in America are actually the minority. And they just don't care about a few dead children. They will pound their chests at that but it's a fact that they just don't. Just looked up the stats, BTW.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If all Americans agreed on this issues it wouldn't be an issue. But's a sticky one as the courts have in large determined that firearms ownership is protected under our Constitution. This means it would take a Constitutional Amendment to ban them, and of course our Congress can't even agree on what time of day it is. 

• Andrew
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You've been asking questions here for months. You've alternately claimed to be from Brooklyn, Cleveland, Israel, London, and a host of other places. No one believes any of your nonsense. To give you a direct answer, Americans don't operate according to a hive mind, so Americans don't hold any collective view on guns or gun ownership. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Americans on the whole are pro keeping their guns, and anti anything that might impact on them doing so.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Wasim" from Britain. Right. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.