Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender & Women's Studies · 1 month ago

Men, do you support ban on super skinny models?

Super skinny models are the reason for anorexia in young women and this issue is very concerning. A lot of men dislike chubby women but being anorexic is way more dangerous.

• Zirp
    Favorite Answer

What is it with you people always playing the blame-game and looking for easy explanations?

There's way more to anorexia than just the existence of skinny models. Lots of guys date and marry chubby women.

What the fashion-industry calls "plus-size" is what seems AVERAGE to me, and yes, the fashion-industry should show more of them, but not ban skinny girls completely

Obesity is killing far more people than anorexia.   If we are going to outlaw underweight models for role modeling reasons, then by the same logic we should ban overweight models.    

Also, most models who are skinny are not anorexic.   

No I do not and women are not allowed to dictate what men should find attractive.

There is a vast amount of room between being anorexic and being "chubby".  I can't stomach the emaciated look many models have. How about a normal, average woman's body so normal, average women can see how the clothes will look on them, as opposed to someone built like a 10 year old boy?

I like normal...

• Bill

I would rather support a ban on fat models. 

• Marvin

For the most part, I do not care, but then again I do understand the problem.

I have too many friends who are so afraid of what other men will laugh if they are seen with a woman who is not really thin. They obsess over being seen with the skinniest woman, even if they are obese themselves. 

Many American woman look abnormal when they are very petite.  My wife is Asian so pettiness looks normal on her.

I don’t care...

• Gorgia

No, and I think there is a difference between someone who is a good weight not too fat and not too skinny either. 

Skinny female models are not trying to appeal to me. Firms use skinny models because they appeal to women buyers of their products. It doesn't matter what blokes think. Until women start rejecting the influence of advertisers, the advertisers will continue to do what works. Women have brains. It is not the place of blokes to do their thinking for them.