Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Would American men practice female circumsion like in Africa, India and the middle east if they could?

Many American men hate feminism and female freedom. In those cultures, women have no rights to their sexuality and bodies.

I would prefer to get rid of ALL circumcision - male and female - because we know why males had to suffer that mutilation in the Biblical era.  We know now to be clean in certain areas so as to prevent the condition that originally was causing the problem.

I would never want to mutilate a woman, particularly in her genital area, because if she becomes my partner, I want her to be able to enjoy whatever I can do for her.  After FGM, that can't happen.

FGM came into existence because women were cheating and men didn't have the means to know if they were the father of their children or not. These days men can get a DNA test to determine if a child is theirs or not, so the worst that could happen is that men would mandate that a DNA test be done after a child is born to determine if the claimed father is in fact the father. 

In fact, I think it's a good idea to make DNA tests mandatory to eliminate the chance of fraud on the woman's part. 

Most American men find it to be an ego boost when they can bring a woman to climax and would feel like something was missing if she had to be coerced into sex and then was clearly in pain the entire time. But of course there are some serial killers who like that kind of thing. 

I doubt it.  Or, at least, very few would.  Even anti-feminist men, even the kind who think women should be barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, tend to have the idea that their "studliness" is at least partly reliant on their ability to sexually satisfy a woman.  Hard to sexually satisfy a woman who has had the major organ of sexual pleasure essentially removed...

"Would American men practice female circumsion like in Africa, India and the middle east if they could?"

No, and this goes for the entire Western, first world.  Female circumcision is a religious/cultural issue.  Why are you dragging feminism into this and trying to indicate that a hatred of feminism ... the ideology ... means support of female circumcision??  It's time for you feminists to understand your wrongs and misdeeds, and properly deal with those instead of always deflecting off to such nonsense like this.

Ironically, the Western feminists of today are afraid to tackle this issue because it involves two designated "victim groups" that they are not allowed to criticize.  Muslims and immigrants.  So the identity politics and critical theory that feminism itself is aligned with turns out to be the biggest obstacle for women in the non-Western world to free themselves from female cirucmcison ... NOT American men (or any Western men).

.

• Zirp

Probably not, and neither would we europeans.

Damn, if I shag a woman, she should be able to enjoy it

No, generally American men don't want to mutilate their daughters.

EDIT @Bill, your answer is so ignorant.  FGM is usually done as a Religious practice and not because Father's believe their daughters are having affairs.  You are a MORON.

No, they will practice genetic testing because genital mutilation is too painful.

• liz

Judging by what people have posted in this category over the years, yes, some men might like to. The more sane men wouldn’t though. 

I see no evidence for that, it seems to be an idea generated by deranged male hating feminists.