Can you believe that Billionaires have gotten wealthier during Covid?

It seems to be a fact.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news/pandemic-bene...

And so why would anyone OPPOSE Biden's tax increases for those making over $400,000 per year?  why?

• BB

Yes, I  can believe believe it.  I  just wish that some of that wealth could move in my direction.

• Murzy

The rich get richer and the poor...

Rule no. 1 in contemporary American politics:  No politician, of EITHER party, may propose or suggest ANY solution or remediation that doesn't 'incidentally' raise corporate profits or make billionaires richer.  EVERY action of government must serve the primary purpose of concentrating wealth. 

If a solution or plan works to solve or ease whatever problem it was designed to, that's fine.  But that's totally beside the point.  The point was to take money from the middle class, from working people, and give it to the rich and to corporations.  Even Obamacare does that.  Which is one reason we still have it!

• Dan

The bit about the billionaires has been going on for several months now. I posted here about it and nobody believed me, only gave me thumbs down. There seems to be a delay of 5 or 6 months before American msm picks up a story.