M asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

What to do? My daughter's birthday is coming up I have $0.  I'm unemployed because of covid but am aggressively seeking work .she will be 15?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

What software skills do you have, since you are asking in that section?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

At that age tell her exactly what is up.  She is smart enough to  understand.   Birthday will be "Late"

• 1 month ago

Write her a letter reflecting on your time together, telling her how much you love her and how proud you are of her, maybe if something gets between you often e.g. your temper, acknowledge and apologize for that too. I guarantee she'll hold on to that letter much longer than anything you could buy her.

• Lv 7
    1 month ago

if you are unemployed, why do you feel the need to spend money you don't have?

the best thing you could do for her is to take a job. ANY job. heck, McDonald's, if you must.

bite the bullet and be a man. do what you must to take care of your family.

or don't do anything. it's not like "no present" = "dad doesn't love me". if that were true, then you've already failed as a parent...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

She will understand. Teenagers are tougher than we sometimes believe. Take her out for an ice cream. Tell her how special she is to you. Do NOT make the lack of money an issue. Thank her for always being supportive of you and being in your family. Kids need love more than anything else.

• Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Since she is 15, she is a young adult and as such should be treated as one.  With that said, just sit down and have a chat about it.  I agree with the other person, bake her a cake, etc.  My opinion is just tell her that the budget says no presents.  Give her your love, that makes up for no present.  Good luck!

• Audrey
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I'm sure at 15 she is aware of your situation. Make her a cake. Cake mix and frosting is dirt cheap. Tell her how proud you are of her and how much you love her. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

See if Pelosi will share some of her gourmet ice cream with you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.