Toddler wont sleep in bed?

My 4yo. wont sleep in her own bed but will sleep in the guest rooms bed? Claims she's afraid of her room or just doesn't like it. I've tried different night lights,  sheets, rearranged the bedroom and she has a bunch of stuffed animal's not to mention our dog to cuddle and sleep with. I dont get it?

Kids have preferences and feelings, just like us adults do.

When hubs was sick with the flu, I slept in the guestroom and just loved sleeping and waking up in that room.  We ended up changing bedrooms! That guest room was just a better fit for us.

Talk to your child and ask her if she would like to switch rooms. I bet she will jump for joy!

• L

Move her things into one of the guest rooms.

As long as she's sleeping on her own, just let her do it.  Kids don't need to sleep with parents.  Maybe switch her room to where the guest room is and be done with it.

Who knows? It could just be one of those phases kids go through but you're better off just switching rooms for her then.

So make the guest room her room instead.

You could consider trading rooms.  Move her things to the guest room and move the guest room furniture to her room.

If she becomes scared again after that, then the issue might be that her toys and stuffed animals are causing shadows in the room that scare her.  (I remember a point of being terrified during a thunderstorm by a huge shadow in my room - it was a stuffed lion on the end of my bed.)  If that is the case, you might want to consider a different way to store or hide the animals at night so they aren't creating shadows that make her scared.  If you have the space, you might want to consider having a playroom for her toys that is separate from the room she sleeps in.

She might also be able to hear an outside noise in her room that she doesn't hear when in the guest room.  (that would depend on the position of the room in the house compared to noises that might happen outside.)  

At least she isn't trying to sleep WITH you and will still accept sleeping on her own - just in a different room.  

• edward

Move her into the guest room.  Or lay down with her till she sleeps

• Sandy

sleep in her room with her for one night to: 1. find out what's scaring her and 2. to reassure her. at night all those stuffed animals can become real scary in the shadows.

• Tavy

Who,knows what goes on in their heads.? Just change her room.

• Jill

If she's happy to sleep in the guest room then be happy with that and make her room the guest room.