Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

If your grown up child has run out of food and money would you lend them some money?

Yeah bc they need food and shelter to survive.

Ffs yes of course!!! 

Anyone who wouldnt shouldnt be calling themselves a parents and expect their own children to take care of them at old age.

if I had extra money sure, if not, they could move back in with me and just help with some bills

If I thought their continuing to live on their own was viable and they'd make good I would; otherwise, I'd bring them home with any LIVING responsibilities they'd taken on, such as plants and pets. I'm against abandoning animals and plants and I impart that principle to my children, so I could not abandon a person. On principle, I'd bring my child in, and on the same principle they'd have to bring their own pets. And we'd figure out if they'll be able to function again and live independently. I would not go broke sending your life savings to another city in another state, not knowing how long the Pandemic is going to last. Maybe if you are rich or have disposable income and maybe if you expect your child to recover fully and believe that there will be an economy and they will find employment. But you should do what it takes to keep your children alive and their children, pets and plants. God is watching. 

Yes I would loan them some money

• SW-6

Absolutely.  Given the fact that they have been laid off, hit hard times, etc.  Now if they are just lazy and don't want to work and are still relying on Mom to take care of them like they were 12 or something, no.  My days of raising kids are over - it's all about me now.  :)

id  give them food and money and pay the bills 

• Rick

certainly ..........................................

• Good

Loaning money is an easy way to make it so that you are not asked again.  Loan them $100 and say pay me back.  Then when they don't pay you back and they come and ask for more, you don't feel a bit bad about telling them to F off.  Life is tough and hunger is a good motivator. 

.

Don’t give them money but buy some food. It is possible that a person gets into financial trouble at times. Impulsive buying or overspending is often the reason for  this. I suppose if your grown up child is responsible and usually has spending under control you could lend them money . Because you know yo7 are not supporting a bad habit or irresponsible behaviour. https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102008117