Alex asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 2 months ago

Do you need medium long hair for a buzz cut?

I'm not sure what the style is called but I want to cut my hair short. I shaved my head over a year ago and the hair is growing back. I want a style kind of like this but I'm not sure what it's called or how much hair I may need to pull it off. If I go to a hair dresser will I need to have my hair straightened for this style? (I've been natural for 6 years )

• Favorite Answer

If your hair is a similar texture to the hair in the pic, then they shouldn't have to straighten your hair. A buzz cut is shorter then that, I might even call it a very short pixie cut. 

Go on a few consultations, find a way to bring the picture with you to show them what you want. Trying to describe a hair style can be tricky, if you do that you may not get what you want. 

Nope!  A BUZZ Cut is when the hair is Electric Razor to at most One Inch, usually at the front tapering to 1/8 inch around the skull.

OR severely cut to the 1/16 inch all over, aka Crew Cut ,aka anti lice shaving.  aka Butch Cut.

We used to use mustache wax to keep the front of the hair upright.

Your image is just plain short & frizzy.