My "Homeschooled" Friend who is an adult now didn't get the education he needs, How can he get it now?

My friend, who is 18, has abusive parents, they didn't let him go to school, they homeschooled him, but he says he didn't get any actual learning from it, is there ANY way he can get the learning he needs? 

• 2 days ago

Reading is the best education. He should read at least a book a week. He doesn’t have to read what he doesn’t like. 

• df
    5 days ago

The adult Ed center

There are plenty of ways to learn, as an adult. I taught many 16 and 17 year olds who had been in public school from kindergarten through high school and still couldn't do basic math problems or read beyond a third of fourth grade level. There are all kinds of online courses he could take. There are libraries full of books he can read. There are plenty of people out there who would be willing to sit down and help him learn. If he were in my area, I'd help him that way in a heartbeat if he truly has a desire to learn.

Community colleges offer remedial classes in English and math. Most CC offer GED classes. That is the place to start

This is what community college is for.