I ate a wax rind by accident?

I bought fancy cheese for the first time and I cut a small piece to taste it and are the whole piece not knowing the red outside is made of wax and should not be eaten. Should i be concerned??

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Goerge
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    Which fancy cheese was it? 

    Nope, no cause for concern. People have done that on accident ever since cheese was covered with it. Think about kids and their penchant for eating glue and crayons. Neither are toxic and aren't going to cause any issues.  

    And now a word from one of the other millions who have done that. 

    https://thebrag.com/turns-out-youre-not-supposed-t...

    While we do not recommend eating it, if a person or pet accidentally consumes the wax, there will be no harmful effects.” So no, you won't die, but if you were wondering if the wax was just fine to consume, turns out it's only there to protect the perfectly shaped cheese.

    You can also consider how quick some are to sue companies. They wouldn't wrap a cheese in a toxic substance that could leech into the cheese. 

    Fun fact of the day - You won't ever see cashews in the shell. Why? Cashews are toxic. Wait what? You were expecting the shell to be toxic? The cashews have to be specially roasted to remove a toxic substance. 

    Attachment image
  • 2 months ago

    It won't do you any harm - it'll just pass through. 

    Try not to eat wax again. 

  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Such a small amount wont harm you.

  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    Nah, but tomorrow's bowel movement may prove to be interesting. 

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

    Nope, not at all. It is food safe so there is nothing to worry about.

  • 2 months ago

    It will not harm you.  The wax will digest with no adverse effects. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.