I can’t eat after taking Vicodin. My stomach shuts down and I have to force myself to eat and drink and it’s horrible. ?

I’m not sure if it’s the meds or something else. I have two broken ribs and when I tell myself I won’t take it and the pain comes I go back to taking it. First time taking it and it’s my 3rd day

Like the first person said, as I am sure your doctor mentioned, you should eat before taking any meds, especially pain meds. Opioids. I always felt I was allergic to pain meds. I have to take the lowest form, and take half, and still get upset stomach, and major headache. For me codeine, is the lowest opioid, and still makes me sick.    

Eat BEFORE taking meds.

• Lili

I stopped taking opioids after major surgery, because they left me feeling so drugged and sluggish.  I was walking into the furniture. Yes, they can cause digestive issues.

If I could manage with just prescription-strength ibuprofen (600 mg per dose), you may be able to do so. Take it with a little milk or yogurt to avoid possible stomach irritation.

• Orla

Take them after you eat .

I don't know anyone who would take these holocaust products voluntarily. 

Drink MSM (organic sulfur) 1ts in a glass of water  (ebay sport supplements) and put a water/dmso mixture on the hurting spot (2ml on 30ml water). Area should be fresh washed before applying. 

All opioids slow down your digestive system and cause a loss of appetite. Constipation and nausea are to be expected.

Source(s): I've been opioids for over a decade.
  • Cammie

If I end up taking that med, I always ask for some thing for the Nausea .Take them together.

• Tavy

I looked this up and a side affect is stomach pain and nausea.

Ask your Doctor for something else. Codeine on its own might be better.

UK

• kelvin

discuss that with your doctor