Covid-19 worried about my mom?

So my mom and I went for a drive to see fall colors today and she had to use a bathroom. The only place to use was a public bathroom and she couldn’t wait. She wore disposable gloves and a mask and didn’t sit on the seat. No part of her skin touched anything and she used a lot of sanitizer when she was done. She was quick about it but I’m kind of freaking out. There were a couple others in there but not next to her, she says. I’m having a panic attack because she’s older and I would hate myself if she caught Covid from this. Expect since neither of us have been in contact with anyone since March. Should I be freaking out? I feel like I’m going to have a nervous break down. 

The media is creating lots of paranoia, take a deep breath and relax.  The virus doesn't live long on surfaces and hand sanitizer kills the virus.  You should not be freaking out, don't have a nervous break down, that won't fix anything.  You have a much greater chance getting covid-19 from an infected person in a crowded room than you do of getting anything in a public restroom.  

• Hope!

I live in Canada. We have a population of 37.7 million people. Our death toll from covid is about 9,000. 80% of those deaths are in long term care, where the residents are not only elderly but also in very poor health (which is why they are in long term care). The average age of death from covid is over 80.. guess what the typical life span of a Canadian is? 81!! So, 80% of people who have died in Canada are in long term care, and what that means is that only about 3,000 people out of 37.7 MILLION have died in the rest of the population.. more than that die every year from the normal flu! There are 2000 deaths every year from car crashes.. Even when you look at total deaths - it is only about 2% of the population. heart attack and stroke, and cancer are STILL the leading cause of death..

Are you seeing my point? If you didn't want the mainstream news, you wouldn't even know there was a pandemic.. people are not dropping dead in the streets. Do you even know anyone who has been infected? Do you know anyone who has died? (my guess is 'no').. I know lots of people will disagree with me.. but we are being played. They tell you the 'cases' of covid to try and scare you.. if they reported the deaths, no one would be scared. They focus on the cases, but honestly, WHO CARES?!! Who cares how many people get covid? 70% of those with covid have NO symptoms.. none.. 

As for wearing gloves, you don't need to do that - you don't get covid through your skin. 

So, why would the media want to scare us with case numbers, you might ask? Look up agenda 21 - this whole thing is about control, not about a virus. Focus on the DEATHS.. and you will see that this is all a joke. Add to that, Sweden NEVER SHUT DOWN, and their death rates are the same as ours. Florida is now fully open.. because they are trying to save their economy.. now, if this was ebola, where 7 out of 10 people die who get it.. then florida wouldn't be open. 

• ?

neither one of you has Covid-19

• T J

Mom did just fine. Calm down...it will be fine.

• Tavy

i am 73 and you are being plain stupid. there was no way she could get infected, this virus does not go through masks , gloves and sanitizer.

Chill out.

She'll be fine. YOU on the other hand, should really see a therapist.

Chances are good that she'll be perfectly okay.  Stop worrying.  For anxiety, look up Philippians 4:6-8.  In fact, read the entire New Testament, starting with the Gospel of John.   Lots of answers to life's problems in the Bible.  

• Kelley

Ask your mom to take a Covid 19 test if she has concerns.  Do not worry.  Instead, trust in God.  Ask God not to have Covid touch your mom

No don’t freak out. The risk sounds extremely negligible especially since the virus doesn’t live long on hard surfaces. More risk going into stores. She worse pipes as well.

nothing wrong with using a public bathrm, thats what theyre for