should i go to the hospital ?

This is gonna be kinda TMI so here’s your warning. I’m a 17 female btw. Anyways iv had constipation for well over a week now. My stomach is bloated and I have constant pain in my abdomen and stomach (its not too bad tho ). For some reason my legs are tingly too, my back aches and I’m dead tired all the time ( don’t know if that’s related ). But I will pass a bit of like pebble shaped poo ( I warned you) but It doesn’t help and only in very small amounts. Iv taken 4 senna laxatives over the last 3 days as well and they’ve done nothing. Iv been trying to eat but it just makes the nausea way worse. iv been drinking alot of water and eating the right things too. So yer any advice on what to do ? 

switch to soft food - like fruits and yogurt. might want to try a stool softener also

• david

When in doubt, there is no doubt. If laxatives or an enema doesn't work, go to the hospital for disimpaction.

It could be from a number of reasons, some of which are quite serious. I would strongly suggest you have your parents take you to the family doctor or an Emergency Clinic doe evaluation.

As someone who has Crohn's Disease, I deal with things like this often. YES! Go to the doctor. If you are having bad pain and you are getting sick when you eat, that means your body isn't happy. Just because you are having bowel movements doesn't mean that you aren't constipated. Just a quick google search can tell you that is it dangerous.

"Constipation can lead to fecal impaction if left untreated for a long time. Fecal impaction is a large, hard mass of stool that gets stuck and cannot be passed. It isn't common but can cause severe problems, such as perforation - a rupture or hole in the bowel." 

If you don't want to go to the doctor, I recommend a few things, like magnesium citrate or Miralax. Of the two options, magnesium citrate is the cheapest, and it amazing for passing bowels on a budget. You can get magnesium citrate at Target, Wallgreens, Dollar General, Walmart, Krogers, or anywhere like that. I think the most expensive bottle I have ever encountered was two dollars. 

You should ask your doctor

No, bcuz that's not an emergency or life-threatening. The fact that you're producing stool means there's no obstruction and you're only constipated. Senna is a very mild laxative and you're obviously past that point. Same goes for prune juice, which is just fiber, btw. You need a stool softener and stimulant laxative. Get milk of magnesia & take 30ml at bedtime. If that doesn't work, add Surfak (docusate calcium) 240mg or 30ml of mineral oil.  However, if your don't adjust your diet, the problem won't go away. Eat more fruits & veggies; less bread, carbs & meat.

• Tavy

Hospital is for emergencies. Your family Doctor can prescribe a strong  laxative.

• kelvin

can you call and discuss this with your doctor

I would try one more thing before a visit to the doctor - one more day.  Go to the store and buy prune juice and drink several glasses of that.  If that does begin to work then try to activate your peristalsis by rocking to the left and right on the toilet seat.  Finally, know that the large intestine comes from the left on the floor of your pelvis, so lean to the right.  I am not a doctor. 

Yes, you should.  You may have an obstruction that could burst and really mess you up.