Would an office ask for ID when ordering alcohol?

I ordered some wine online but I'm having trouble getting a new ID, and wasn't sure how the process worked. (I thought my sister could just get it for me but they never asked for info online so I was surprised). My apartments office picks up packages and the wine requires a sign off from UPS. the front office would sign off on it but would they ask for my ID when I go to pick up the package? 

Things ended up working out, and thankfully I was able to finally get my ID renewed in a few weeks ✌🏾✨

Favorite Answer

they might ask for id

• kswck2

You are having trouble getting an new ID and you want your sister to buy alcohol for you, translates to 'I am Underage'. 

• Goerge

They are required by law to see your valid ID or driver license. Contributing to the delinquency of a minor and selling to underage individuals are just two things that can lose a business its right to sell alcohol and could lose its license to operate depending on the severity of the offense. The Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission  oversees the distribution and sale of alcohol among its many other duties and would be the entity that controls exactly how shipping providers can operate as far as the distribution of alcohol is concerned. 

An apartment complex would not accept alcohol for its residents/tenants and the UPS driver probably can't release it to anybody except the buyer with proper identification. 

In short, don't attempt to purchase alcohol if you are underage.