Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Consumer ElectronicsGames & GearPlayStation · 2 months ago

Is it worth spending $1500 on a TV to pair with your nex-gen console?

A couple years ago, I was nervous spending nearly $250 on a 4k smart tv, lol. I pre-ordered a PS5 and now I'm like "I don't want to play this on this piece of crap". 

no, you would constantly be upgrading consoles and tvs. Invest that money instead and when you are rich, sure splurge!

Yes! Trust Me. 

Purchased a LG OLED B9 2020 model in March. 

It’s the best damn picture I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing.

The moment you turn it on you will understand where your money went. 

The OLED got so black I thought the damn thing turned off or broke. Zero backlight means total blackness... it’s epic. 

Go LG OLED 

Don’t bother with Sony, Vizio. They buy panels from LG because they invented the technology. 

Vizio OLED is like 1,299 idk about quality tho. 

LG BX is like 1,499 and the LG CX is like 1,599 which has a faster processor. 

It depens on how important it is to you, and how much money you have availably to spend.

It ultimately depends.... if it has a feature that just came out, then maybe.

But if you’re just buying it for casual usage, then no. 

Generally a 4K TV that only costs fraction of that price would work just as fine. That way, you can spend the rest of that money you saved on the games you wanna buy if next gen consoles is what you’re aiming for. 

It is a matter of personal opinion/ preference

• Lance

Its pretty much a value judgement on your part. Some people would feel its worth it others maybe not..If its a really great TV and has great specs it might be worth it It can be worth it but not necessarily so. A lot depends on what else is available and what unique traits it might have that other Tv's do not have etc...

• ?

imo 'no' and i prefer a more reserved screen size for gaming myself ..

Just look for a tv that can handle 4k at 120fps and you'll be fine.  You'll be fine with 4k at a lower refresh rate also...  

You must be 12 years old. No mature adult plays video games.