Does a ritual for drinking mean I am an alcoholic?

I have very specific glasses. Granite stones and a whole little accessory kit I work weekdays from 8am to 6pm. 8am generally home by 630pm and fix a drink. I like various whiskies. Rgiht now its  Crown Royal. I like Ryes and other whiskies. I don't drink a lot. I always have one tablespoon, 0.5 oz. I never get drunk. Saturday I work until 3pm and often have two, a full oz. I am 6'3" and 230 lbs For my size this is very little. My sister says it is not the amount but the ritual and timing. Very consistent for nearly 40 years. I don't drink before or at work 

I have a good business. 6 full time employees and 2 part t8me whose hours vary. I have no problems. I enjoy it. How does that make me an alcoholic?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

I go with when I drink do I need a drink or want a drink, if in any way I can say need a drink I don't drink.

Outside that if you want a drink and want it to be the way you want you are not an alcoholic.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

try going one week with no alcohol. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

At 6'3" and 230lbs, you need to quit drinking and go on a diet. 

• Spence
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

You just have a daily routine and are a bit set in your ways.  I would not be concerned, but if you are, ask your doctor at your next checkup.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

One drink at night after work and two drinks on the weekend after work do not make you an alcoholic. The amount of alcohol that a person drinks and if a person can't stop drinking makes them an alcoholic. A ritual and timing for drinking doesn't mean that you're an alcoholic. 

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

One tablespoon a night?

In my opinion you are not an alcoholic.

The "ritual" is really no different than someone changing into athletic clothes and going for a run every night after work. 

• Your sister is an asshole. You are not an alcoholic.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.