Does a ritual for drinking mean I am an alcoholic?

I have very specific glasses. Granite stones and a whole little accessory kit I work weekdays from 8am to 6pm. 8am generally home by 630pm and fix a drink. I like various whiskies. Rgiht now its  Crown Royal. I like Ryes and other whiskies. I don't drink a lot. I always have one tablespoon, 0.5 oz. I never get drunk. Saturday I work until 3pm and often have two, a full oz. I am 6'3" and 230 lbs For my size this is very little. My sister says it is not the amount but the ritual and timing. Very consistent for nearly 40 years. I don't drink before or at work 

I have a good business. 6 full time employees and 2 part t8me whose hours vary. I have no problems. I enjoy it. How does that make me an alcoholic?

I go with when I drink do I need a drink or want a drink, if in any way I can say need a drink I don't drink.

Outside that if you want a drink and want it to be the way you want you are not an alcoholic.

try going one week with no alcohol. 

• kswck2

At 6'3" and 230lbs, you need to quit drinking and go on a diet. 

• Spence

You just have a daily routine and are a bit set in your ways.  I would not be concerned, but if you are, ask your doctor at your next checkup.

One drink at night after work and two drinks on the weekend after work do not make you an alcoholic. The amount of alcohol that a person drinks and if a person can't stop drinking makes them an alcoholic. A ritual and timing for drinking doesn't mean that you're an alcoholic. 

One tablespoon a night?

In my opinion you are not an alcoholic.

The "ritual" is really no different than someone changing into athletic clothes and going for a run every night after work. 

• Your sister is an asshole. You are not an alcoholic.